YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 13 July 2014

PEDALING FOR PARKINSON'S - 2014 STAGE ONE


My 06:00 alarm.
After waking up and feeling like I had less juice than a glass of Sunny Delight,
I headed for some caffeine and things just started looking sunny.



I almost right away got a vibe that not only is this a fund raiser but a family event. 
Here one of the event organisers, David's warm welcome was extended to many.
By days end, I will have ridin' the last 60k's of today's 115 with David and learn much of the events brief but successful past.

The lady in the sunglasses, Julian Carson, is making the most of life dealing with Parkinson's.
She came from Vancouver to share and be with family.
(We were all balcony buddies at our digs after the ride. This event is not only a fund raiser.
Bringing awareness of the disease is prominent. I learned alot)






Event organisers Peter and David. By weekends end, it was expected to have raised over
$140,000.00
All going to Parkinson's research.
(I'm sure they will be thrill to hear that I haven't submitted my pledges yet.)


So many families. Here this youngster and his mother, and family, raised over $10K.
Check out the jersey tag
"Riding in honour of:
GRANDPA





The rest stations were AWESOME!!!!
More later.







This rest station was manned by David's Mom & Dad.
Gotta love Mom's & Dad's. All fresh baking, juices,..........
(I will have ridin' over 300K's by the end of the weekend and I think I will be tipping the scales on the high side when I get home.
David's father pictured here is dealing with Parkinson's


Back safely
Earlier in the day I thought I was going to rock my 115kms.
After hooking up with a fast group(s), by the end of the day I gripped and ripped my 118.83K's in four hours with a big big smile.
Even with some local serious hills, fast, fast for me.




COMING NEXT - MORE FUN IN 130KMS OF SUN.











No comments:

Post a Comment